Water festival at the Manzanita Dock, circa 1930s. In 1887 the Tacoma Yacht Club developed property on the south end of Maury Island with a club house, there were also a number of cottages and camps. In 1907 the Manzanita Improvement Club was formed, the property owners paid assessments for maintaining the dock and providing money for fireworks on the Fourth of July and an annual water carnival. The dock was later taken over by the county.
Photo, Manzanita Water Festival, no date, Vashon-Maury Island Heritage Association.